Ordered a headboard and footboard from Bellacor.To start, the order was backordered 5-6 weeks as soon as the order was placed.
Seems like everyone has had that problem. We received the headboard and footboard (but no side rails, which they neglected to mention). Made it work, nonetheless. A while later, we found bed bugs in our bed.
We had not done any traveling, or stayed any where besides our own house. We do not live in a dirty house and clean often. After finding a couple bugs in the bed, we looked at the headboard and realized that every single dimple on the cloth upholstery was full of bed bugs in various life states, including their eggs. Then we pulled the fabric on the headboard away from the metal frame and found thousands of eggs and small bed bugs underneath the metal.
Called an exterminator immediately and he took one look at the headboard and said that is where they came from. Relayed this information to Bellacor customer service and they did nothing. They even Googled bed bugs to try to tell me they only live 6-10 days, which is insanely false as we had just been told by the licensed professional that they can live without feeding for OVER A YEAR. Bellacor refused to acknowledge any type of fault or help in anyway.
So we're out over $500 on the headboard and footboard, $625 on an exterminator, plus hundreds of dollars in rugs that were beyond saving. I have never had such a horrifying experience. Not to mention my fiance was 4 months pregnant during this ordeal and the last thing she needed was more stress. I felt embarrassed and ashamed, like I was the dirty kid in class.
Now we are out nearly $2,000 by the time we get a replacement for the infested product that Bellacor sent. Awful company. Awful customer service. Zero humanity.
Zero responsibility.Stay away from this company at all costs.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Bed bugs
- Customer service
- Reason of review:
- BED BUGS
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund as well as recompense for exterminator fees
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Hillsdale Jefferson Headboard And Footboard
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "My pillow.com claims if you buy one you get one free. That's a bunch of BS !!! You can get the same my pillow at Wal mart..."
- "Service tech agrees with customer that table is damaged and also is Manchester loveseat and lamp. The only reason Havertys accepted returning the lamp is because the victim called Pacific..."
- "I bought a red leather couch. It was on sale at $1500. Regular over $2000. I thought I was buying a leather couch that would last for..."
- "I signed a contract with Re-Bath 8 months ago and I am still waiting for my project to be completed and the repairs done to the areas they damaged during..."
- "...I noticed that the leather is peeling off from lots of places.I didn't even use the bag..."
- "I went to Aspen Dental to get dental services, I asked to have my tooth extracted one of the Dentist said I needed to have a Root Canal. I said..."
- "I received flowers today 02/14/2014 for Valentines day from my husband and they are HORRIBLE. They are pink roses and another flower I don't even know what it is because..."
- "This was an unauthorized transaction I agreed to pay shipping only ($5.00) approximately,so how did they get over and beyond the shipping fee almost $100.00.They stated the product was free..."
- "DailySteals advertises refurbished electronics that are supposed to work. The prices are low but BEWARE! What you will receive will be broken and not in working order. They do not..."