Ordered a headboard and footboard from Bellacor.To start, the order was backordered 5-6 weeks as soon as the order was placed.
Seems like everyone has had that problem. We received the headboard and footboard (but no side rails, which they neglected to mention). Made it work, nonetheless. A while later, we found bed bugs in our bed.
We had not done any traveling, or stayed any where besides our own house. We do not live in a dirty house and clean often. After finding a couple bugs in the bed, we looked at the headboard and realized that every single dimple on the cloth upholstery was full of bed bugs in various life states, including their eggs. Then we pulled the fabric on the headboard away from the metal frame and found thousands of eggs and small bed bugs underneath the metal.
Called an exterminator immediately and he took one look at the headboard and said that is where they came from. Relayed this information to Bellacor customer service and they did nothing. They even Googled bed bugs to try to tell me they only live 6-10 days, which is insanely false as we had just been told by the licensed professional that they can live without feeding for OVER A YEAR. Bellacor refused to acknowledge any type of fault or help in anyway.
So we're out over $500 on the headboard and footboard, $625 on an exterminator, plus hundreds of dollars in rugs that were beyond saving. I have never had such a horrifying experience. Not to mention my fiance was 4 months pregnant during this ordeal and the last thing she needed was more stress. I felt embarrassed and ashamed, like I was the dirty kid in class.
Now we are out nearly $2,000 by the time we get a replacement for the infested product that Bellacor sent. Awful company. Awful customer service. Zero humanity.
Zero responsibility.Stay away from this company at all costs.
More Review Details
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Bed bugs
- Customer service
- Reason of review:
- BED BUGS
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund as well as recompense for exterminator fees
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Hillsdale Jefferson Headboard And Footboard
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "This is the worst place that may have to buy furniture ,horrible experience see pictures..."
- "I bought a "bonded" leather sofa/sleeper in 2011 with a 5yr Goof Proof warranty. The cushions started to buckle and peel this year, after the 1yr manufacturer warranty expired. I..."
- " Upon purchasing the 2 for 1 product, king size, I noticed an obvious difference in the amount of filling in both pillows. I opted..."
- "L2Networks (“L2N“) is pursuing criminal charges against Mediacom Communications Corporation and at least one of its call-center employees (Gionna Morrow) as the Georgia-based company is alleging that there were acts..."
- "Bought 2 Maxim Lighting exterior lighting fixtures through ATG Stores. Beautiful fixtures and durable per the description. $170 per light. Got the first 2. Noticed that the engineering drawing didn't..."
- "bottom line..if you don't try different things you will never find out what works for you so If your in pain sometimes it is worth it. I dont like the..."
- "Every month I have to contact them. They tell me problem is resolved and the next month they do it again. Charges for install and their modem I never got..."
- "Don't be fulled by O2pure TV commercial. They are a scam! Nothing is free obviously but they really try to pull a fast one on you. DO NEVER give your..."
- "120$ Wasted on a dress that looks nothing like site dress very poorly imitated. If we had more money and time they wouldn't be worn. I will never order from..."